Friday, March 27, 2009

The men in my life (from 1/2007)

I love this picture, it was taken at Mies' father's place in Las Cruces, NM. I took it. They had been wrestling in the "grass" and playing with the soccer ball. It was a fun afternoon.
Knowing that I suffer from SAD, it is little things, like this photo, that help me get up and moving. Even though I may feel like I'm on autopilot, just surviving the day-to-day, there is always something that reminds me of what is important and the day goes on.
It is snowing today, the 27th of March, and I am having a hard day; I just want spring to come and the sun to shine. I need the sunshine. Even if it were cold, yet sunny I could bundle up and just sit in the sun, for as long as I could tolerate it, just to experience some of its warmth. That would help, especially now that our deck is relatively snow free, it may have an inch on it, which can be swept away, as opposed to feet of snow on the deck, which cannot be swept away. I could sit on the deck, all bundled, with my face to the sun, just for a few minutes even...that would help me this time of year. At least that is what I'm telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment