Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week-in-the-life-of-a-librarian

This week has been a busy one. Since I work in a small academic library, with only 1.5 FTE staff under me, I wear many hats (tech. services, access services, reference/instruction, web librarian, collection development...oh, and let's not forget all the administrative tasks)!
Currently, the part-time librarian in off, her contract is for 38 weeks per academic year. My one FTE is the library tech, and she ROCKS!
[This week in a nutshell] I've been trying to complete the library's year end report, looking at spreadsheets, and other data to see how we did this FY. So far, so good. Also, we've received several large, good condition (some new) donations that need to be cataloged and processed before the start of the fall semester. I met with the Dean of Students to schedule library tours during orientation, and will be meeting with the FYE team, English, Health Sciences, and Business School faculty to set up fall semester library instruction sessions, and (for FYE team and instructors who teach the various capstone courses) scheduling the Information Literacy Assessment survey that they need to distribute to their students. In addition to that, I need to prep for a presentation during the new faculty orientation, which is soon. Oh, I almost forgot, during "breaks", I've been prepping and finishing up syllabus for my own section of a FYE course. Lastly, working with IT, to replace older computers with newer ones, which should start happening any minute now...

No comments:

Post a Comment