Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Life is too short

I received sad news the other day regarding one of my childhood friends. She has been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer and the doctors say she has "until the Holidays". She is married, with a young son (7 yr. old) and living in Ohio. Her Mom and Step-Dad moved from the Detroit area to be closer to her and grandchild about 2+ years ago.
I have to admit, that we grew apart over the years, but, honestly, I think about her often. I did send a letter and am hoping she would like to see me, and my Mom, sometime next month.
I have a million regrets of not doing a better job keeping in touch and am full of guilt. Guilt of not being a good friend, etc. I'm trying to move beyond the guilt and treasure the memories of her, and the blessings of having her apart of my young life. Also, am trying to look at my own life differently, and learn to take time out of my busy day to appreciate all around me.

Please pray for her and her family! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment