Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, we are heading off to my in-law's (well, technically, my Mother-in-law & Stepfather-in-law) for the weekend. They live in Garden, Michigan. It is a quaint little village; they actually live outside of town close to Fayette State Park. Fayette is a neat place to visit in the Upper Peninsula, best around the 4th of July or in early August during Fayette Heritage Day . In the past they have had tall ships come into the harbor area. They always have an old fashioned baseball game, where interpreters dress up as 19th-century players, plus other historical events and interpretations going on. The organizers do a great job.
My in-laws got a puppy recently, a lab mix of some kind. The boys will enjoy playing with the puppy this weekend. They lost their dog a few years ago and were waiting for the "right" dog to come into their lives. I guess they finally found one. It will be interesting, because we are bringing our dog down to visit too (with in-law's approval, of course). Sasha is a social dog and I think will be a good leader for the puppy.
I must return to packing...have a good weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment