Monday, January 25, 2010

Call came in..

Last Friday afternoon, I got an interoffice call telling me that the library website's databases page had been "cleaned up" and I should see how it looks. So, I went to the site, and much to the amusement of my already blooming stress headache, I noticed that the entire site, with the alphabetically listing of our databases, was GONE!!! All the links, everything.
So, I asked, politely, what happened to page and the response was, "oh, was it supposed to have more information on it?"
I politely said, "yes, but don't worry, I'll fix it."Although, internally, the conversation went a little differently.
So, alas, I started to re-create our database page, bit-by-bit. And while this was happening, the entire network crashed. No one had access to the school's website. HA! I took a deep breath and told self to relax. Nothing else for me to do. (Actually, I was stress eating at this point...not pretty).  So, by the time the site was back up, it was late Saturday. I fixed what I could from home and just told myself to wait until Monday. And I did. And I can happily say, the database information is intact, just in time for me to teach a session on business research.
Never a dull day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment