Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Weekend in Chicago!

I'm completely stoked! Mies and I have a weekend to ourselves in Chicago! It's a Christmas/Anniversary gift all rolled into one!

Before we go to see Eddie Izzard at the United Center Friday Night, we must make a side trip, on Thursday, to the In-Laws to drop off the boys and the doggies. Then very early Friday morning, we head out...should take about 7.5 hours from Garden, MI to Chicago. YAY!! (cheap accommodations...we're on a budget!)

Saturday we're going to some museums and having lunch with a fellow graduate school alumni, William Forgette. Then, another great thing, we're having dinner with Rebecca (Duff) Campbell, her hubs and Ms. June! YAY (again)!!

Did I say I was stoked??? Ok, yes, I don't get out of the UP much, it's true! Hell, going to Detroit is an exciting trip for me. Who am I kidding, going to Marquette is an thrill of a life time. So, CHICAGO, is like heaven on earth!

Speaking of Marquette, after we get back from our weekend escape, I have to turn around and head to Northern Michigan University for two days of library related training sessions. I get to meet other academic librarians, besides the staff at Michigan Tech, and introduce myself as the "new Head Librarian for Finlandia University." (or as Mies says, The University's Librarian--not to say I'm the only librarian here, but I'm the University Librarian...eck...not really used to this whole concept, yet. I hate drawing attention to myself and downplay the significance of me being in this position, but I have great plans for this library! Just don't tell anyone, okay?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment